SCTS Student Education would also like to announce the creation of our new SCTS Student Education Committee. We want this student committee to assist in the safe education and introduction of students to surgery with courses and engagement events. The aim of the Student Education Committee shall be to encourage medical and sixth form students to embark on a career in cardiothoracic surgery. We aim to help students in developing an interest in the field of cardiothoracic surgery and acquire a set of skills and knowledge that will help them in their future surgical careers.
These aims and objectives shall be:
- To provide an educational forum for those interested in cardiothoracic surgery.
- To guide and support students who have an interest in pursuing a career in cardiothoracic surgery.
- To run a mentoring scheme, providing a cardiothoracic surgical contact for our students
- To organise surgical skills tutorials to facilitate members developing their abilities in surgery
- To organise and host talks and networking events to educate members on the many facets of surgical careers
- To organise and host a national conference
- To encourage members to take a more active role in surgery and related activities and medical specialties
- To organise and host regular social gatherings and events for members.
Click here to read the profile of the student members