Generic subcommittee NAHP representative job descriptionFebruary 17, 2021
Nursing & Allied Health Professional Representatives for SCTS sub-committees
As part of our new plan to restructure the Nursing & Allied Health Professional representatives committee, we strongly believe that we need to be inclusive of all representatives of NAH professionals. Currently, we have a few representatives from each profession of NAHP. However, that is not enough to deliver the excellent service for our NAHP SCTS members. We are delighted to announce several current and forthcoming vacancies for NAHP representatives.
Please join us to make that change you are looking forever. Raise your voice to be heard.
Benefits of being in the SCTS NAHP Subcommittees:
– National recognition to you and your hospital.
– Added value to your CV and career progression.
– Ability to change the way of working, dissemination of excellent skills you acquired from experience and networking with national and international colleagues.
– Ability to contribute to national education, publications, skills development of your national colleagues etc.
– Actively promoting SCTS NAHP membership to bring the team together to deliver a five-year CT service strategy for better patient care and staff satisfaction.
To transform your SCTS NAHP stream, we need motivated members in the committee to make the
changes you want for your colleagues. Please come and join us. We will do it together. Please note that
you will be allocated to be part of and contribute to other SCTS main sub-committees (cardiac, thoracic,
innovation, education, research etc).
In the current climate, all meetings (of which there are four to five per year) are held as virtual meetings. If meetings require attendance, travel expenses will be paid, with the exception of the annual CT forum in the SCTS annual meeting.
Please write a short statement detailing why you would like to apply for the position and what you will bring to the role in 500 words or less. Please also add your contact details and if your application is supported by your manager / employer. Statements should be sent to Isabelle Ferner, Society Administrator and Conference Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12/04/2021
Interview date: TBC (to take place via Zoom video link)
For further information and informal enquiries, please contact Dr. Bhuvana Krishnamoorthy, NAHP
lead – email@example.com
Generic subcommittee NAHP representative job description
The postholder will be working very closely with the NAHP lead and other NAHP subcommittee representatives. The representative will act as a catalyst betweenthe NAHP subcommittee and with the main subcommittee. The representative will
attend two meetings in a year with the sub-committees and with the main NAHP subcommittee.
– The representative will be working closely with the NAHP lead to organise
together education webinar and full day education course (once a year).
– You will be developing policies and protocols in relation to your profession.
– You will be promoting and developing educational materials such as videos, information leaflets for patients and national colleagues.
– The workload will be shared among all other NAHP representatives to promote teamworking.
Organisational skills are paramount as it is a voluntary post and the post holder needs to independently plan, schedule his/her own daily agenda. Word processingskills are required to write policies, reports, analysis and innovative programmes. Their knowledge and experience skills will be utilised in problem solving and drafting appropriate protocols, guidelines, and disseminating/benchmarking with local, national, and international SCTS NAHP members.
– Five years of experience in CT surgery or closely related nursing/AHP experience.
– Master’s qualification or working towards postgraduate or undergraduate or many years of experience in CT surgery.
– Registered in NMC/HCPC or other professional council or voluntary registration as a practitioner.
– Active member of SCTS for at least two years or willing to join the SCTS as a member. Please note, any new members get these posts will be acting as a co-opt members until they cross two years membership in SCTS.
– Please join us by clicking here.