ST2.2 Phase 1: Introduction to specialty training course (ST3A)
This course content includes:
- Cardiopulmonary bypass
- Myocardial protection
- CPB emergencies
- Cardiac surgery scenarios
- Echocardiography (TTE)
- Aortic cannulation & decannulation
- Venous cannulation & decannulation
- Proximal coronary anastomosis
- Distal coronary anastomosis
- Cardiac Advanced Life Support (CALS) protocols
- CTITU management & monitoring
- ECG, arrhythmias & pacemakers
- IABP insertion
- Oliguria & renal support
- Hypotension, low cardiac output syndrome & inotropes
'Excellent overview of areas required for ST3 practice. Extremely friendly and approachable faculty who were willing to honestly discuss view, opinions, trouble shoot clinical and non-clinical issues and offer useful advice. No faults or complaints, I've never been on a course this useful, well thought out or run.'
'It was a great introduction to the speciality and a nice way to catch up with fellow trainees and engage with trainers from all over the country. Attending this course prior to starting ST3 is appropriate, as it gives a good basis to build knowledge on.'
'Small tutor to delegate ratio, a variety of tutors across specialty/age/background ie. gender, opportunity for socialising and networking at course dinner, good having the educational and social/accomodation components in the same location'
Please find a list of tickets for this event below.
|Any ST2 trainee member
Delegate Terms and Conditions
This course is for National Trainee Numbered (NTN) trainees at ST2 level only