To view the SCTS Educaiton website please click here click here.
Education Senior Administrator – Letty Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Administrator – Emma Ferris email@example.com
SCTS-Ionescu exceptional additional fellowships
The Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain & Ireland (SCTS) is pleased to invite applications for the 2019 Fellowships sponsored by Mr Marian Ionescu. The broad range of the Fellowships allows all SCTS members to benefit – Consultants, all grades of Trainees, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals and Medical Students.
Mr Ionescu has supported the SCTS with his donations to the society for educational activities for many years. As a surgeon, educator and trainer Mr Ionescu has seen the value of helping in the development of trainees, consultants and the teams they work in.
This year as a result of Mr Ionescu’s continued support we are privileged to announce new fellowships in addition to the various fellowships for the wider cardiothoracic multidisciplinary community announced in 2018.
To view fellowships please click here.
Deadline for applications: 15th February 2019.
Please email the SCTS Education department on firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
ST Courses 2018
ST Courses 2019
Operative Video Prizes
Cardiothoracic Surgical Trainees (NTN and non-NTN) are invited to produce an operative video, appropriate to their year of training (see procedure list below).
• Prize for the best overall cardiac and thoracic video
• The videos should be submitted as a high definition (HD), AVI or MPEG-4 video file, 4-8 minutes in duration, and can be made using any recording device, including smart phones, video cameras or professional equipment
• Please include patient consent and consultant approval with the submission
• If selected, the videos may be edited and included in an SCTS operative videos app
• For further details, please contact Sunil Bhudia (SCTS Cardiac Tutor) or Carol Tan (SCTS Thoracic Tutor) at tutor@SCTS.org
• Closing date 15th February 2019
Application please click here.
SCTS Education is delighted to offer a one day CALS course on the 21st November 2018. There will be funded places for the SAS Doctors and AHPs.
For application and further details please click here.
Closing Date 5th November
Please find fellowship application form here.
- SCTS Education Ethicon Surgical Trainee Fellowships 2019
- SCTS Education-Ionescu Medical Student Fellowships 2019
- SCTS Education-Ionescu Non-NTN Surgical Fellowships 2019
- SCTS Education-Ionescu Nursing & Allied Health Professional Fellowships 2019