Special Interests: Adult Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic Surgery
Having been appointed a mixed practice cardiothoracic surgeon in 1989, I have now discontinued my cardiac surgical practice and undertake pure thoracic surgery.
In a department of 5 consultant thoracic surgeons I undertake the diagnosis and management of a full range of thoracic surgical diseases.
View external profile →
This surgeon did not perform the minimum number of operations required for analysis in this period.”
Senior Registrar NW Region
Fellow Toronto/London, Canada
Charles Hahn Fellow
Junior training Manchester
Qualifications & Accreditations
MB.Ch.B VU Manc 1977
Number of lung cancer operations performed in 2017:
Mark Jones works as part of a team of thoracic surgeons at
Click here to see data on how this team performed in 2017, including;
- the number of operations to remove lung cancer performed by each surgeon in the team
- the adjusted survival rates 30, 90 and 365 days after surgery to remove lung cancer
- the length of time (defined as median days) patients having cancer surgery at this Trust spend in hospital.
- the percentage of patients readmitted to hospital within 90 days of surgery
- the pooled resection rate of Trusts served by this surgical unit
This data comes from the Lung Cancer Clinical Outcomes Publication. This project makes the results achieved by surgical teams treating lung cancer within NHS England available to the public.
The latest report covers operations performed in 2017. More information about this project is available here.