Hospital(s): Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Special Interests: Adult Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic Surgery
I am a Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon since 2009 and have special interest in aortic surgery and minimally invasive thoracic surgery.
- Graduate of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Medical School 1992
- Internship in James Conolly Memorial Hospital, Dublin, Ireland 1992-1993
- Southwest of Ireland Basic Surgical Training Programme 1993-1996
- Vascular and Thoracic Surgery Registrar, St Vincets Hospital, Dublin 1996-1998
- Clinical Research Fellow, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester 1998-2001
- West Midlands Cardiothoracic Surgical Training Programme 2001-2009
Qualifications & Accreditations
- MB, BCh, LRCP & SI, BAO, (NUI) RCSI Medical School 5th June 1992
- FRCSI, June 1996.
- MD, University of Leicester, July 2005.
- FRCS(CTh), October 2006.
- Diploma in Health Services Management, Keele University, July 2007
- FETCS, European Board of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, September 2010
- FRCS, July 2011
- Masters in Medical Education, University of Warwick, November 2012
- Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon from 1st April 2009
- Lead for Surgery NIHR Yorkshire and Humber CRN from October 2014
- Honorary Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery for Hull York Medical School from November 2015
- Yorkshire & the Humber Cardiothoracic Surgery TPD from 1st August 2017
- Director of Surgical Research and Innivation for Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals Trust from 1st January 2018
- Fellow of the Academy of Medical Educators
- Fellow of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy