Special Interests: Adult Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic Surgery
Senior surgeon at Imperial College Hospitals NHS Trust
Interests – Aortic valve surgery and surgery of the aorta
– Thoracic Surgery
Chairman, Intercollegiate Examination Board in Cardiothoracic Surgery
SAC liaison member for Scotland
VATS lobectomy Copenhagen 2014
Cambridge VATS course 2015
Bologna Aortic course 2013
Qualifications & Accreditations
MB, CHb (Hons)
No further information available
Number of lung cancer operations performed in 2017: 61
Jonathan Anderson works as part of a team of thoracic surgeons at
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Click here to see data on how this team performed in 2017, including;
- the number of operations to remove lung cancer performed by each surgeon in the team
- the adjusted survival rates 30, 90 and 365 days after surgery to remove lung cancer
- the length of time (defined as median days) patients having cancer surgery at this Trust spend in hospital.
- the percentage of patients readmitted to hospital within 90 days of surgery
- the pooled resection rate of Trusts served by this surgical unit
This data comes from the Lung Cancer Clinical Outcomes Publication. This project makes the results achieved by surgical teams treating lung cancer within NHS England available to the public.
The latest report covers operations performed in 2017. More information about this project is available here.