Special Interests: Adult Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic Surgery
David Lawrence has been Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon for Fifteen years now. He has experience in Adult Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery with a special interest in Mitral valve surgery and Lung cancer surgery including minimally invasive and robotic surgery
Trained at Kings College London and qualified in 1990.
Cardiothoracic Surgical training on the West London Cardiothoracic Programme 1996 to 2002
Qualifications & Accreditations
1987 BSC(First Class Hons): Basic Medical Sciences and Biochemistry
1990 MBBS Lond (Hons)
1994 FRCS (England)
2001 FRCS (CTh)
2005 Master of Surgery
No further information available
Number of lung cancer operations performed in 2017: 57
David Lawrence works as part of a team of thoracic surgeons at
University College London
Click here to see data on how this team performed in 2017, including;
- the number of operations to remove lung cancer performed by each surgeon in the team
- the adjusted survival rates 30, 90 and 365 days after surgery to remove lung cancer
- the length of time (defined as median days) patients having cancer surgery at this Trust spend in hospital.
- the percentage of patients readmitted to hospital within 90 days of surgery
- the pooled resection rate of Trusts served by this surgical unit
This data comes from the Lung Cancer Clinical Outcomes Publication. This project makes the results achieved by surgical teams treating lung cancer within NHS England available to the public.
The latest report covers operations performed in 2017. More information about this project is available here.