Aim of SCTS CT Forum
- To increase nursing profile within the Cardiothoracic surgical speciality, the cardiiothoracic arena and amongst the general nursing and allied healthcare professional community at local land national level.
- To increase Associate membership of the SCTS.
- To develop the forum at the annual meeting.
- To further develop and maintain the nurses’ page on the web site.
- To promote a collaborative way forward for the patient pathway and erode divisions of the delivery of care.
- To take an active role to help steer workforce changes.
- To improve communication between centres, specifically nurses, surgical care practitioners and allied healthcare professionals.
- To promote sharing of developments, innovation, and new ways of working
Daisy Sandeman | Nurse
SCTS CT Forum Lead
Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
Helen Munday | Trust Matron
SCTS Nurse & AHP Representative
Bart Health NHS Trust London
Helen Munday | Matron – CT Surgery & Respiratory Medicine | Nursing & AHP Representative SCTS
Direct Line: 0203 465 6503
Mobile (Work): 07810 655 358
Barts Health NHS Trust
St Bartholomew’s Hospital, 4th Floor KGV Wing (BNB_04_038), West Smithfield, London EC1A 7BE
CT Nurse & AHP Forum Glasgow 2018
Please click the link below to access the presentations from the SCTS Annual Meeting.
What is the SCTS CT Forum?
The SCTS CT Forum is aimed at nurses, allied healthcare professionals and all indivividuals with an interest in cardiothoracic surgery. It takes place as part of the SCTS Annual Meeting every year in March and includes a 3 day educational experience including an interactive wet lab day at the SCTS Ionescu university. Speakers are often invited from around the world. We give all Cardiothoracic Forum participants the opportunity to network with nurses and allied health practitioners from all aspects of cardiothoracic care, including those working in theatres and on cardiothoracic intensive care and high dependency units.
Click here to find out more.
The next SCTS CT Forum will take place at the SCTS Annual Meeting 2018 at the SEC Glasgow. Sunday 18th – Tuesday 20th March.
To register for the meeting please click here.
SCTS offers a wide range of fellowships. To find out more please contact Letty Mitchell email@example.com
SCTS Ionescu Nursing & Allied Health Professional Fellowship Award 2015 winner presentations.
Become a member of SCTS
We offer discounted annual meeting registration fees for all of our members.
Membership is £30 a year. £30 joining fee.
To view benefits or apply for membership please click here.