Adult Cardiac Surgery Audit LeadAugust 7, 2018
Adult Cardiac Surgery Audit Lead
The post of Adult Cardiac Surgery Audit Lead is an integral part of the SCTS Audit Sub-Committee. It has a tenure of 3 years, with the potential for a 1-year extension at the discretion of the SCTS Executive.
The responsibilities of the post include:
- Working on adult cardiac surgery data collection, analysis and presentation, as an officer of the SCTS representing its membership.
- Advising the SCTS Executive and Audit Sub-committee on all matters pertaining to adult cardiac surgery audit and quality initiatives.
- Dealing with all queries sent to the SCTS pertaining to adult cardiac surgery audit.
- Attending meetings of the SCTS Audit Sub-Committee, which occur 4-5 times per year, either by teleconference or in person.
- Communicating with SCTS members and Unit audit leads to encourage engagement in audit and quality improvement through reports in the SCTS Bulletin and presentation at the SCTS Annual Meeting and Board of Representatives (BORS) meeting.
- Oversight of the presentation of outcome data on the SCTS website.
- Producing the Blue Book for adult cardiac surgery.
- Exploring opportunities to extend the range of outcome measures analysed.
- Developing academic aspects of outcomes analysis in adult cardiac surgery.
- Working in conjunction with the National Institute for Cardiovascular Outcomes Research (NICOR) and the Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP), including attending regular meetings at NICOR.
- Working in close collaboration with the NICOR appointed domain lead for adult cardiac surgery.
It is essential that the Adult Cardiac Surgery Audit Lead is a member of the SCTS and employed as a Consultant Surgeon with a practice in adult cardiac surgery. Applicants should have a proven track record in audit data analysis and publication, as well as experience in clinical governance and NHS management, such as Unit Audit Lead, Clinical Governance Lead or Clinical Director.
Interested candidates should submit their applications, including a short CV and covering letter by e-mail to Isabelle Ferner (email@example.com)
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 5th September 2018, with a proposed interview date Friday 28th September 2018. The selection panel will be drawn from the members of the SCTS Executive Committee and Audit Sub-committee.